Visitor Information for Frensham
Frensham is open by appointment only.
Our garden is suitable for:
- Individuals, small and large groups are welcome.
- A beautiful venue for wedding photographs.
- This includes a short introductory talk by me or one of my colleagues and we will be available for answering any questions while people are in the gardens; meanwhile we shall probably continue working in the garden.
- Fully Guided Tour: This takes an hour and a half and I give detailed information about our work in the garden, gardening tips and botanical information.
We are open by appointment only.
Lunch: Minimum 5: $25.00 per person including tea or coffee.
Our generous boxed lunches consist of:
• Club sandwiches or wrap
• Fresh fruit salad
• Vege quiche or frittata
• Freshly baked cookie
• Muesli bar bite
Buffet Lunch: Minimum 10: $25.00 per person, including tea or coffee
Morning and Afternoon Teas: Minimum 10: $13.00 per person, including tea or coffee.
For morning and afternoon teas, we have a choice of club sandwiches, cheese or date scones, plain scones with jam and cream, cinnamon scrolls, a selection of slices, or creamed lamingtons.
Tea and coffee are available for a minimum of ten people. $3.00 per person.
All catering is proudly supplied by
The Store @ Tai Tapu
Visitors are welcome to bring their own refreshments to have in the beautiful garden setting. There is plenty of seating.
Facilities and Amenities
- Car, bus and large coach parking
- Wheelchair access
- Picnics allowed
- Plenty of seating
- Toilet available
- Tour guide on request
- Some areas of the garden are suitable for small mobility vehicles
Plants for Sale
A variety of plants, which can be seen growing in the garden, are available for sale.
Our relaxed country garden started twenty nine years ago. In the early days I had very little gardening experience and no vision for the site, but an interest in plants was quickly developing. Over the years, with much trial and error, a garden has emerged which we and our visitors do enjoy.
© Frensham. All rights reserved.
139 Old Tai Tapu Rd, Christchurch 8025, New Zealand
+64 3 3228 061