Visitor Information for Frensham
Frensham is open by appointment only.
Our garden is suitable for:
- Individuals, small and large groups are welcome.
- A beautiful venue for wedding photographs.
- This includes a short introductory talk by me or one of my colleagues and we will be available for answering any questions while people are in the gardens; meanwhile we shall probably continue working in the garden.
- Fully Guided Tour: This takes an hour and a half and I give detailed information about our work in the garden, gardening tips and botanical information.
We are open by appointment only.
Morning and afternoon teas: $7.00/person
Boxed lunch: $16.00/person (min. order five)
Freshly prepared, using seasonal produce, Frensham Boxed Lunches can be enjoyed at leisure in the peaceful surroundings at Frensham.
Vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free options available.
Facilities and Amenities
- Car, bus and large coach parking
- Wheelchair access
- Picnics allowed
- Plenty of seating
- Toilet available
- Tour guide on request
- Some areas of the garden are suitable for small mobility vehicles
Plants for Sale
A variety of plants, which can be seen growing in the garden, are available for sale.
Our relaxed country garden started twenty nine years ago. In the early days I had very little gardening experience and no vision for the site, but an interest in plants was quickly developing. Over the years, with much trial and error, a garden has emerged which we and our visitors do enjoy.
© Frensham. All rights reserved.
139 Old Tai Tapu Rd, Christchurch 8025, New Zealand
+64 3 3228 061